Susanne, a gratefully recovering compulsive overeater. I weigh and measure 3 meals a day off the CGS, write them down, and commit them to my sponsor every day without exception. I don’t eat anything uncommitted, no matter what, and because I make this my #1 priority for today, I have a life second to none.
Yes, second to NONE. Even if –
- I’m still ravenous between meals
- lunch was revolting, if I do say so myself, but I ate it anyway
- my period is now 2 1/2 weeks overdue
- my job interview yesterday could have been better
- I feel stuck at my temp job with no perm prospects
The joy in my life is quite independent of these things. They’re outside, and my life is second to none *inside* now. Before abstinence, my outsides would look pretty well, and my insides were dying. Now my insides are joyously free, whereas my outsides are, er, stuck for the moment. An exchange I take gladly.
However, I just want this week to be over.